Step 4: Price & Tag Your Items
You control the price – simply log into our tagging system and create your tags!
Please remember, no matter how nice the brand or how low the price, we do not accept stained items. Prices will start at $1 and increase in increments of 50 cents. If items are small, please group them with like items and sell them as a group with ONE tag for the group. You can list the number of items in the tag’s description.
Please don’t use your time hanging and tagging an item with stains.
Keep the standards high and bring only your BEST!
1. Consignors access the inventory transfer feature via the Items area of the consignor homepage. There are two new menu options there:
Transfer Inventory Out – this is where consignors go to move inventory to an affiliated sale
Receive Inventory In – this is where consignors go to receive an inventory transfer batch that has been transferred to them from another account.
2. IMPORTANT! When a consignor transfers items to an affiliated sale, THOSE ITEMS ARE PERMANENTLY REMOVED FROM THEIR INVENTORY LIST. This is because the integrity of the item ids of each item MUST be maintained or data integrity will be lost. The only way to “salvage” those items that have actually been transferred is to receive them in the other account, then transfer them back to the original account. Even after you do this however, item ids could have changed, and a new tag may need to be printed.
3. The system protects against consignors transferring items to the wrong accounts by requiring them to choose the affiliated sale they want to transfer to and to enter their consignor id and password AT THE AFFILIATED ACCOUNT. The transfer process will fail if the credentials at the affiliated account are invalid. No items will be removed from consignor inventory if the transfer fails because of invalid credentials at the affiliated sale.
5. Inventory transfers are performed in batches. The consignor logs into their account, goes to the inventory transfer screen, selects the affiliated sale and enters their credentials. Then they place a check by every item they want to transfer and click submit. They will get a success message and an Inventory Batch ID number.
6. Once a consignor creates a batch of transferred items, they have 30 days to “receive” those items into their inventory at the affiliated sale. If they do not receive the batch within 30 days, it will be removed from the server.
7. Items that are marked as “sold” are not eligible for transfer and do not appear in the list when checking items to transfer.
1. Clothing is best priced at 20% to 35% of the retail price.
A $10 shirt from target is priced well at $2.50. There is a high supply of 0-2T clothing, especially in girls. Tag these items as outfit sets or like item groups and price them at 20% of retail for standard clothing brands. Below are our suggested and proven price points for different categories of clothing. You must keep in mind the brand/label of your clothing and price accordingly. Group your clothing into 2 categories—Standard labels and Premium Labels to help with pricing
2. Some examples of Standard and Higher End labels are:
Clothing: Faded Glory, Carters, Circo, Healthtex, Sonoma, Simply Basic, Kid Connection, Lee, Levi, Old Navy
Gear & Toys: Evenflo, Baby Trend, Graco, Cosco, Jeep, Eddie Bauer, Safety First, Especially for Baby, Fischer Price, Avent, Baby Einstein, Boppy, Munchkin
Clothing: Gymboree, Janie & Jack, Baby Gap, Koala Kids, Limited Too, Baby Lulu, Talbots Kids, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein
Gear & Toys: Peg Perego, Maclaren, Britax, Chicco, Combi, Bugaboo, Little Tikes/Step 2, Dutailier, Maxi-Cosi, Joovy, UPPAbaby, Mia Moda
3. When selecting your price for the item, think of what you would pay for the item.
If you are trying to clear clutter, price it lower on the scale and allow it to go half price to ensure it sells. If you are trying to maximize your check, you can price at the higher end of the scale.
4. Price To Sell on Opening Days
Don’t price an item for $3, knowing it is “over-priced”, and hoping to sell it for $1.50 on half price day. Over 70% of our shoppers shop during regular pricing times. You will maximize your sales if your full price is competitive for the majority of the sale and then allow your items to sell half price on Saturday. You always have the option of not letting your item sell for half price.
Our Tagging System
Tags will be automatically generated with a barcode from your online inventory. Hand written tags will not be accepted. Please make sure your printer is in working order so that your tags will be legible. Unreadable tags cannot be accepted.
WHITE CARDSTOCK: Tags should be printed on white or light colored cardstock. Do not use plain paper to print your tags. Make sure your tags have blanks backs. Tags printed on reused cardstock will not accurately track your sales.
SAFETY PIN OR TAGGING GUN: Use safety pins or a tagging gun to attach the tag to the top right hand side of the clothing item (when looking at the item on the hanger). This will put the tag close to the shopper when the clothes are hanging on the rack. See pictures below for tag placement. Please do not use the tiny gold safety pins, straight pins or staples.
ADDED SECURITY: For added security, please place a piece of clear packing tape over the safety pin and the top of the tag for clothing items priced at $10 or higher.