Why should I become a consignor?
It is the perfect way to recycle and get a chance to shop early for the treasures you are looking for. With our sale, there is no need to haggle over prices as you would if you had a garage sale. There is no need to filter through dozens of emails and risk someone not even showing up to pick up the item(s) you are trying to sell online. We have advertised in local publications that will reach over 170,000 homes in our area including Kids Directory, Austin Family, online venues, and sales fliers to daycares, preschools, and child-oriented businesses. We will display your items organized on clearly labeled racks in preparation for a highly anticipated sale. As a consignor, YOU get to set your own price and get 65% of the sale price. YOU decide whether your items be reduced to 25-50% off, be donated or come right back to you for the next sale. YOU have the opportunity to work volunteer shifts to get up to 80% of the sales price of your items and get to shop before the public. This is YOUR sale! We thank you for your interest in becoming a consignor with us. What better way to make some money than by selling kids clothing and items that you are done using! The average consignor check for our events is over $325! Not only is it a way to add to the bank account, but as a potential shopper, you are also doing your part to help reduce, reuse and recycle.
We invite you to help us support our community. Fairytale Threads will be donating canned food and dry pantry items to the Round Rock Area Serving Center.
Please bring an item and donate it at the door.
How does it work?
• Registration is limited so sign up now.
• Consignors must have a minimum of 15 tagged items or a combined sale price of at least $100 to participate in the sale.
• Sign up for a drop off time and maybe a volunteer shift.
Make sure to check our list of what’s accepted and what’s not
• Wash and hang all clothes, wipe down toys and gear- only clean items are accepted.
• Please bring items in great condition- make sure there are no stains, rips or tears, batteries should work and toys should have all of their parts.
• All items not meeting guidelines will be returned to the consignor at check in, including items not hung or tagged properly and items that are stained, dirty, smelling of smoke or storage and those that are out of date or in poor condition. No stuffed animals please.
• Most items can be sold for 20-25% of their retail price. Boutique, higher end brand name items and items that are new with tags can go for 30% of the retail price.
• The prices are up to you! When in doubt, allow the item to go discount price on Friday and Saturday.
• You can refer to a list of suggested prices here.
• Print tags on white card stock paper from your online inventory.
• Make sure the tag and barcode are readable.
• Attach tags with safety pins or a tagging gun (no straight pins, staples or tiny gold safety pins please.)
• The hanger should look like a question mark “?” as you look at the front of the item.
• Single pants/skirts and pants belonging to a set should be pinned to the hanger at each side, do not hang pants over the hanger.
• Please do not use adult hangers on children’s items under size 7.
• Make your drop off appointment early so you can get a time that works for you.
• Please allow time for us to go through all of your items to make sure they are all tagged and meet all the guidelines.
• Sign up for an appointment for every 250 items you have.
Step 6: Remember the consignor pre-sale!
• All consignors get to shop before we open to the public and get to bring a guest!
• Please, no children at the pre-sale
Want to shop before the consignors? Check out our volunteer page.
Step 7: Donate or pick up unsold items
• You are welcome to pick up any unsold items Saturday between 7-8 pm pm during consignor pick up.
Consignor Pick Up times for Saturday 6/29/2013
7-8 pm All Consignors
• Tags marked with a black circle will be sorted for donation.
• Any items left after pick up times will be considered a donation and will be donated.
Step 8: Get your check in the mail
• We will mail your check to you within 10 business days!